Saturday, January 8, 2011

Part one of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”


Part one of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.


  At Marc Adamus LIES 2.0, we have to say that Marc Adamus has really outdone himself with his latest expose. We’re certain that a better example of empty boasts, flowery rhetoric, and outright bullshit won’t be found for some time (maybe ever). Since Marc Adamus just can’t help himself, the manifesto also contains a great number of lies, unsubstantiated boasts, and some useful information that casts a new light on who Marc really is. Our analysis of this trash will likely take several months to complete, but you’ve got to start somewhere:

1. With not another person for many miles, I had just finished digging my truck out of a 3-foot deep powder snow drift that I should have seen coming on a remote jeep trail in the Nevada high desert. In unusually frigid weather, I began fixing Thanksgiving dinner with my camp stove on the back door-stop of my vehicle after spending 74 consecutive nights outside when it occurred to me: perhaps people might enjoy hearing a little more about why this type of situation I have found myself in here is the norm in my life, and why, in fact, it's just the type of thing I enjoy most of all.

Interesting that Marc always seems to get himself stuck in some 3 foot snowdrift at just the right moment for him to jump out, dig himself out with his shovel, and then “cook a gourmet meal”.
Regarding the “it occurred to me: perhaps people might enjoy hearing a little more”: this statement is a lie. Marc has been pining to write a long line of bullshit about his “adventures” for years. It didn’t just “occur” to him out of the blue. 


“….after spending 74 consecutive nights outside”: Who cares, if it is even true.

“….why this type of situation I have found myself in here is the norm in my life”:  So Marc is trying to say that he’s a bad driver that regularly gets stuck in snowdrifts? Wow, I guess if there’s no real substance in your life, just boast about your shortcomings!

“…..In unusually frigid weather”: How does Marc know it was “unusually” frigid weather, and why does anyone care?

“….on a remote jeep trail in the Nevada high desert”: Lie. Are we supposed to believe that Marc drove dozens of miles off the main highway just to camp?

2. It was mid-September and I was leaving my base residence near Corvallis, Oregon once again for what I estimated would be 2 to 3 months of travel around the continent from north to south. Although I have inflexible obligations along the way, such as conducting photographic tours, I refuse to be held to an exact date in which I might return from such a trip.

“….once again for what I estimated would be 2 to 3 months of travel around the continent from north to south”: Wow, makes it sound like going to the North Pole for the first time!

“…..Although I have inflexible obligations along the way, such as conducting photographic tours”: The only true statement so far. The only money Marc will make from this trip is all the workshops he “taught” while out there. 

“…..I refuse to be held to an exact date in which I might return from such a trip”: Meaningless claptrap. Who cares what exact date Marc returns?

3. By nature, I am bound to a perpetual state of wanderlust that has eventually shaped every part of my life. Although I have a very supportive partner of many years at home and a two-year old son I love dearly, the call of all things wild, remote, and rugged plus the desire to catch a piece of their magnificence with my camera, beckons me away as powerfully as anything. Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to both turn my love of photography and the outdoors into a full-time profession and to provide financial support for my family at home, something for which I am deeply grateful.

“…By nature, I am bound to a perpetual state of wanderlust that has eventually shaped every part of my life”: meaningless statement that is impossible to corroborate or prove in any way. Stated merely to falsely paint Marc Adamus as an explorer who’s always seeking his next adventure. 

“….Although I have a very supportive partner of many years at home”: Yes, partner is right. He’s not even married to “Annie”. What a joke!

“…and a two-year old son I love dearly”: Marc does not love his son. He only loves himself.

“…the call of all things wild, remote, and rugged”: Lie. Marc has almost never been in what most people would classify “real” wilderness. Marc plays a shell game in which every area designated “wilderness” by state or federal legislators is automatically extremely remote and untouched, and of course, never photographed “professionally” before he showed up.

“…plus the desire to catch a piece of their magnificence with my camera”: Lie. Marc has said before that he wished he didn’t even “have” to carry a camera. Which one is it? No one forces Marc to do anything.

“…beckons me away as powerfully as anything”: Lie. What beckons Marc is the siren call of fame, recognition, and celebrity status (none of which he will ever achieve, by the way).

“…Over the years, I have been fortunate enough to both turn my love of photography and the outdoors into a full-time profession”: Lie. Marc Adamus is simply not a photographer. Photographers take and sell images. Marc only takes images to sell his bogus workshops. If Marc stopped selling workshops tomorrow, he’d be flipping burgers at McDonald’s to pay the bills.

See part two of this soon to be extensive series soon.

5 comments:

  1. You sir, are awesome. Without such publicity who would Marc be anyway? Are you sure you are not actually Marc Adamus, just putting this site up to drive your own publicity? If you're not, any sane person is laughing their ass off at your ridiculous response to such a heartfelt article. Are you doing this on purpose? Really? Somewhere, I'm sure Marc too is laughing his ass off. Wow! Just stunning idiocy on your part....or genius marketing...one or the other, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you have nothing to worry about, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this...I dont think you are Marc Adamus...he's not that smart to do this...plus, his ego wouldnt allow him to think of such a thing. I dont know who you are but I do love how youre bringing all this to light again.

    go go go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure why you hate this guy so much, maybe you are some old school photo relic that cannot stand to see what the modern age of Photography is capable of. I have personally been on 4 of Marc's "In the Field" hiking photography tours, and have been influenced by him greatly. Not only in aspects of photography, but in back-country knowledge and expertise. I will be on another tour again in March 2011, and looking forward to it.

    The bottom line here is, he is the "REAL DEAL", and the fact that you have built this site and have spent the amount of hours wasting your time shows exactly that.

    His level of commitment to the art of Landscape Photography is extremely hard for most people to keep up with. He is in the field 80% of the year. He does not seek fame and riches, but to provide security for is wife and child.

    Stop masturbating to photo's of him on your mantle, and GET YOUR OWN LIFE !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have a lot of money to waste and must be a really big loser to be taking five separate Marc tours. A true believer!

    ReplyDelete