Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Part nine of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.

Part nine of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.


Part eight of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.
See Part One hereSee Part Two here. See Part Three here. See Part Four here.  See Part Five here. See Part Six here. See Part seven here. See Part eight here.

Here at Marc Adamus LIES 2.0, we have to say that Marc Adamus has really outdone himself with his latest expose. We’re certain that a better example of empty boasts, flowery rhetoric, and outright bullshit won’t be found for some time (maybe ever). Since Marc Adamus just can’t help himself, the manifesto also contains a great number of lies, unsubstantiated boasts, and some useful information that casts a new light on who Marc really is. Part nine of this multi-part series:



16. At that point, I could have shelled out the $1700 for that helicopter after all and gained quick access back into the range once the storm cleared. But the reality of Arctic winter had set in. Once everything freezes and gets snowed under, finding the type of deep, dynamic landscape images I had hoped for combined with the Aurora were rare if not impossible to find. It was a wind and snow scoured land more bleak than I imagined the surface of the moon to be. There was a very, very short window where one can capture the type of images I'd envisioned and I'd already missed it. Next year, I'll try again earlier in the season. There can't be more than a one or two week window to capture the place the way I had wanted. But at that point, I figured my efforts would be best concentrated in the lower country where the big rivers had still yet to freeze and I might find some trees with new snow on them - anything to give the viewer a sense of both a place of great beauty and the aurora, should I be fortunate enough to capture it.

 “….At that point, I could have shelled out the $1700 for that helicopter after all and gained quick access back into the range once the storm cleared…”: How many photo tours does Marc have to sell to make $1700?

“…But the reality of Arctic winter had set in…”: Didn’t Marc know this before setting out? Guess not.

“…Once everything freezes and gets snowed under, finding the type of deep, dynamic landscape images I had hoped for comined with the Aurora were rare if not impossible to find…” There’s Marc again, bullshitting with his favorite terms: “deep”, “dynamic”.

“…It was a wind and snow scoured land more bleak than I imagined the surface of the moon to be...”: What? We all know what the surface of the moon looks like; we don’t need Marc’s imagination to help us. What a load of Grade A bullshit! 

“….There was a very, very short window where one can capture the type of images I’d envisioned and I’d already missed it …”:  Poor baby. We suppose it was a thirty second (or less) window in which Marc would take 7 exposures [laughter].

“…..Next year, I’ll try again earlier in the season …”:  Whatever.

“…There can’t be more than a one or two week window to capture the place the way I had wanted.…”: “The way I had wanted”…what a crock of shit. ME! I! I WANT! It’s all about what Marc wants. 

“…But at that point, I figured my efforts would be best concentrated in the lower country where the big rivers had still yet to freeze and I might find some trees with new snow on them…”: Poor Marc, he couldn’t go “high, light, and wild” this time!

“…anything to give the viewer a sense of both a place of great beauty and the aurora, should I be fortunate enough to capture it…”: Translation: I need something to impress the bozos back home on photo.net.

17. I returned to the town of Dawson City to wait out what turned out to be several days of snowfall and valley clouds which precluded shooting the lights, while camping in an abandoned-for-the-season campground nearby. I found the town itself to be fascinating - the closest thing to the year 1900 on this continent I had ever seen. Surrounded still by extensive mining claims, as it was in Jack London's day, you simply rounded a bend in the river along the Klondike Highway and there it was.

 “…I returned to the town of Dawson City to wait out what turned out to be several days of snowfall and valley clouds which precluded shooting the lights …”: Hey, doesn’t Marc supposedly love the storm?

“…while camping in an abandoned-for-the-season campground nearby…”: Of course, Marc always makes a point of mentioning that he didn’t spend “a single night” in a hotel on his trips.

“…the closest thing to the year 1900 on this continent I had ever seen…”: While Marc pretends to hate technology in his other manifestos, here he is looking down his nose at the people in this town. 

See part 10 of this extensive series soon.


3 comments:

  1. Do you realize how completely insane you are? Ever? Jealousy does some amazing things to people. This is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't believe 7 exposures in 30 seconds, you either aren't very good with your camera or don't know how he's shooting. Only 7? That's nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went over this. You must be quite dense. Those weren't 7 exposures of 1/100 second each. They were multi-second exposures. Please read our analysis again and report back here when you see clearly.

    ReplyDelete