Sunday, January 23, 2011

Part eight of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.

Part eight of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.


Part eight of our analysis of the Marc Adamus Manifesto, “One way to Photograph North America”.
See Part One hereSee Part Two here. See Part Three here. See Part Four here.  See Part Five here. See Part Six here. See Part seven here.
 Here at Marc Adamus LIES 2.0, we have to say that Marc Adamus has really outdone himself with his latest expose. We’re certain that a better example of empty boasts, flowery rhetoric, and outright bullshit won’t be found for some time (maybe ever). Since Marc Adamus just can’t help himself, the manifesto also contains a great number of lies, unsubstantiated boasts, and some useful information that casts a new light on who Marc really is. Part eight of this multi-part series:


14. What could I do? It's an amazing place and I had just spent two hard-earned days getting there. I had 15 more days in the region before I needed to head down to Washington to conduct another photo tour. I considered yelling, crying, whatever... I just couldn't. It was futile. What good would it do? I simply looked up and stared at the peaks. I couldn't eat dinner. Nothing. I just sat there, trying to grasp the enormity of the predicament and the decision to continue or not with the trip, without camera. I suppose it beat breaking a leg or something. Barely. Of course, a sparkling display of northern lights kicked up shortly thereafter.

 “….What could I do? It’s an amazing place and I had just spent two hard-earned days getting there…”: What could he do? Well, supposedly, Marc just enjoys being out in “Wilderness”. Clearly, that isn’t actually the case. 

“…I had 15 more days in the region before I needed to head to down to Washington to conduct another photo tour…”: Of course. It always comes back to more photo tours. It’s what pays Marc’s bills, but still. 

“…I considered yelling, crying, whatever…I just couldn’t. It was futile. What good would it do?…” According to Marc, he enjoys being in “wilderness”. Heck, he’s even claimed he “wished” he didn’t have to carry his camera. Well, Marc just got his wish!

“…I simply looked up and stared at the peaks. I couldn’t eat dinner. Nothing...”: Poor Marc. He loves Wilderness so much that when he’s finally alone in Wilderness, without the encumbrance of modern electronics, he just couldn’t eat his dinner

“….I just sat there, trying to grasp the enormity of the predicament and the decision to continue or not with the trip, without camera …”:  Poor baby. It was simply such a relief, not carrying his camera, which he never wanted to do in the first place, that Marc just sat there, trying to grasp the enormity of the freedom of no longer having a camera!

“…..I suppose it beat breaking a leg or something. Barely …”:  Well, not having a camera sure beats having a camera, especially when you don’t want to carry one in the first place (if you didn’t have to) [laughter].

“…Of course, a sparkling display of northern lights kicked up shortly thereafter.…”: Note how Marc makes no reference to the beauty of the display or his appreciation of it. We know, he’s still recovering from the shock of no longer being weighed down by the heavy responsibility of carrying a camera and showing the world how He envisions the incredible light He, and only He, sees.

15. At the end of the day, I reasoned, I'm a professional nature photographer. That's what I get paid to do and this trip had already consumed a huge amount of resources and time. I decided I can't be justified in spending the remainder of my days here wandering around without any means to capture the place. I was here just long enough to realize what incredible potential there is, and I will return soon enough.
I spent an incredibly arduous part of two additional days making my way back out of the range, this time electing to maneuver my way across and wallow through a combination of sharp, wind-swept talus slope and deep snow drifts along a high ridge rather than do battle with the willows in the valley again. As I did, the weather kept getting worse. I made it out just in time, as snow was again falling and the wind howling.

 “…At the end of the day, I reasoned, I’m a professional nature photographer…”: LIE. Marc Adamus isn’t a professional nature photographer. Real nature photographers don’t make their money through photography workshops or photo tours.

“…That’s what I get paid to do …”: No, he gets paid to lead a bunch of deluded, fame-lusting bozos around, holding their hands and teaching them how to be frauds like himself.

“…and this trip had already consumed a huge amount of resources and time…”: Honestly, it didn’t seem that this trip had cost that much or consumed that much money.

“…I decided I can’t be justified in spending the remainder of my days here wandering around without any means to capture the place…”: And here we have it. The ultimate truth about Marc Adamus, right from his own mouth. After all the blabber, all the bullshit about loving just being in “wilderness”, it all comes down to this. If he doesn’t have a camera (something he says he doesn’t want to carry anyway), he can’t even enjoy being out in the wild. Of course, a real photographer would carry a backup in the form of a point and shoot of some sort, something that could afford photographic ability in an emergency. But frauds always denigrate P&S cameras, because to them, the vision is irrelevant. All that matters is that the stolen image was taken with a 5D mark II, 16-35mm F2.8 mark II, and at F22, with multiple blends for focus and exposure (of course). 

“…I was here just long enough to realize what incredible potential there is, and I will return soon enough.…”: More bullshit. Marc just didn’t want to admit that he couldn’t stand being there without a camera.

“…I spent an incredibly arduous part of two additional days making my way back out of the range, this time electing to maneuver my way across and wallow through a combination of sharp, wind-swept talus slope and deep snow drifts along a high ridge rather than do 
battle with the willows in the valley again...”: Marc has claimed that it took him 8 hours and 2 days to hike in. Which one is it? Bear in mind that the lake is only 8 miles in with minimal snowfall on the ground.

“…As I did, the weather kept getting worse. I made it out just in time, as snow was again falling and the wind howling.…”: What’s with the “just in time”? When Marc has his camera around (which he does not want to “have” to carry, by the way), he’s always bullshitting about running into the storm. Now he’s escaping just as a storm comes right in! What’s that, the weather’s not enjoyable without a 1ds Mark III or a 5D Mark II?
See part 9 of this extensive series soon.



3 comments:

  1. I agree Marc Adamus is a nobody in the photography world, compared to the greats...so why bring so much attention to him?

    How about William Carr or Peter Lik?? Hrm??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because he causes a lot of damage to the photography industry. He needs to be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can you explain to me exactly how he does this damage to the photographic industry? If you have some evidence, I'm all ears.

    ReplyDelete